I know that I'm a female human being, and I know my interests, my values, my beliefs and what I hold to be true, but I don't know if that will suffice for conveying who I am. In ignorance, I will have to proceed with these things alone, and if they are not sufficient in introducing myself to you, you have my apologies.
I was raised on a hobby farm, in a little town that neighboured a big one. We had puppies, kittens, cattle, sheep, goats, turkeys, geese, chickens, and on a few occasions, mice. I grew up as one of those children who watched Arthur, Wishbone, Magic School Bus, and Reading Rainbow. I wanted to be a painter until forth grade, and until eighth grade I was going to be a writer. My parents had four children, three girls followed by a boy, and I was the second child. I spent my pre-teen years obsessed with Lord of the Rings, and my high school years in band, choir, and temporarily as the coxswain for my high school's new rowing team. My teenage years were just a mixture of attempts to fit in and stand out; a paradox, to be sure. I think my fondest memories were laughing with my cousin or hiding away in a music practice room to watch cartoons with my younger sister over lunch break.
Now that the past is established, let me speak to you of the present.
I'm currently in my fourth year of University, majoring in Linguistics and minoring in English. I secretly love English more than my own major, but only slightly because they are both incredible. I hope to go on to graduate studies in the next few years, preferably in Toronto or in the UK or Germany.
I'm interested in literature, especially Anglo-Saxon literature, or for that matter medieval literature in general. I also would like to get into the literature from antiquity, but since I haven't yet I can't tell you if I find it interesting. I also like Jane Austin for rainy days, and H. G. Wells when I'm feeling rebellious and futuristic. I love, as you may already have realized, Tolkien, and his friend C.S. Lewis. Currently, I'm reading Cervantes' Don Quixote, but I haven't had much time the last few weeks to do leisurely reading. I like art, but I need to work on at least understanding, if not appreciating, modern and abstract pieces. I am a fan of Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, various Pixar films, Miyazaki movies, and Avatar the last Airbender/the Legend of Korra. In terms of gaming, I'm only familiar with Uncharted, Half Life, Portal, Total War, (hopefully soon) Bioshock, and the original Perfect Dark.
I am a Christian, and this is the core to my being and to what I hold to be true.
As to the other half of that Shakespearean line, I will have to just wait and see. I know who and what I want to be, but I don't know if that will change or if I will end up there.
I hope that this has been a somewhat successful introduction. If it was boring, I apologize. Hopefully my future posts will be far more interesting. If you want to learn more of my tastes and random interested, check out my Tumblr and Pinterest.
I'm interested in literature, especially Anglo-Saxon literature, or for that matter medieval literature in general. I also would like to get into the literature from antiquity, but since I haven't yet I can't tell you if I find it interesting. I also like Jane Austin for rainy days, and H. G. Wells when I'm feeling rebellious and futuristic. I love, as you may already have realized, Tolkien, and his friend C.S. Lewis. Currently, I'm reading Cervantes' Don Quixote, but I haven't had much time the last few weeks to do leisurely reading. I like art, but I need to work on at least understanding, if not appreciating, modern and abstract pieces. I am a fan of Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, various Pixar films, Miyazaki movies, and Avatar the last Airbender/the Legend of Korra. In terms of gaming, I'm only familiar with Uncharted, Half Life, Portal, Total War, (hopefully soon) Bioshock, and the original Perfect Dark.
I am a Christian, and this is the core to my being and to what I hold to be true.
As to the other half of that Shakespearean line, I will have to just wait and see. I know who and what I want to be, but I don't know if that will change or if I will end up there.
I hope that this has been a somewhat successful introduction. If it was boring, I apologize. Hopefully my future posts will be far more interesting. If you want to learn more of my tastes and random interested, check out my Tumblr and Pinterest.
No comments:
Post a Comment